- This event has passed.
Connecting with the Secretariat Webinar
September 15, 2016 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm EDT
- Julie Story Byerley, MD, MPH, Vice Dean for Education and Chief Education Officer, University of North Carolina School of Medicine
- Barbara A. Schindler, MD, Vice Dean Emerita, Educational and Academic Affairs, Professor of Psychiatry and Pediatrics, Drexel University College of Medicine
Element of the Month: 8.7 Comparability of Education/Assessment
- Ensuring Clinical Clerkship Comparability – Drexel University College of Medicine (Barbara A. Schindler, MD)
- Comparability Across Sites at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine (Julie Story Byerley, MD, MPH)
- Can you discuss the similarities and the differences of LCME Elements 4.3 (Faculty Appointment policies) and 9.2 (Faculty Appointments)? What are the expectations for medical schools regarding Faculty Appointments?
- Can you please explain the difference between elements 1.3 (Mechanisms of Faculty Participation) and 4.6 (Responsibility for Educational Program Policies)? Also, in 4.6, the narrative response asks if there is a group responsible for working with the dean on “medical school policies,” but the title of the element is “responsibility for educational program policies.” Are we to interpret 4.6 to refer just to medical education policies or medical school policies more broadly?