- This event has passed.
Connecting with the Secretariat Webinar
October 27, 2016 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm EDT
Guest Speaker: Geoffrey Young, PhD, Senior Director, Student Affairs and Programs, Association of American Medical Colleges
Topic of the Month: Ensuring student confidentiality, providing student services, and assessing student performance in an increasingly complex educational environment.
Guest Speaker Questions
- Regarding the MSPE format change: Is there a communication plan for program directors regarding the significant changes in the MSPE format? If so, can you please describe what it is.
- How much of a shift have you seen towards the new recommendations? Meaning – while they are clearly more transparent and standardized, if a large proportion (most or many) of schools are still doing it the “old” way, we do not want to disadvantage our students by being one of only a handful of schools using the new guidelines strictly.
General Questions for the LCME Secretariat
- Is there any benchmark data available for ISA questions?
- Do you have any best practices for writing self-study reports, especially the executive summary?
- Would you kindly provide examples of how to provide narrative assessment when the class size is 200-300 students?
- We are wondering how strongly the LCME feels about the MSPE being housed in Academic Affairs as opposed to Student Affairs.
- Can you provide guidance on how best to integrate new data (i.e., results from a 2nd ISA, end of term, financial) that will become available within weeks of our document submission date? We may or may not have time to get updated numbers in the DCI; we don’t believe that we’ll have time to thoughtfully reflect upon the data and update narrative based on it. Can we provide these updates in one of the subsequent monthly updates prior to the site visit? On a related note, our students’ 2nd ISA focuses on a subset of questions from the 1st ISA. Do we provide both the 1st and 2nd ISA data when we have both? Can we replace the 1st ISA data with the 2nd ISA data where we have it?