- This event has passed.
Connecting with the Secretariat Webinar
June 23, 2016 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm EDT
Guest Speaker: John Rock, MD, MSPH, Founding Dean, Senior Vice President for Health Affairs, Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine and Sandra Allen, Director of Accreditation, Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
Element of the Month: 7.9 Interprofessional Collaborative Skills
- Interprofessional Teams – Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (John Rock, MD)
FIU Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine Sample Rubrics:
- Visit Performance Assessment Rubric EPA 9
- Interprofessional Rounds Rubric 1
- CEPNIQ adapted RIPLS ELIQ
- Our program would like guidance on potential conflicts of interest that could cause accreditation issues for medical programs. One example is when a faculty member provides healthcare to a student, that faculty member should not teach or assess the student (12.5). Are there additional conflicts of interest schools should avoid when faculty teach students – for example, a teacher also being a student affairs professional, ombudsperson, career or academic adviser, promotions or professionalism committee member, etc.?
- Here are a few questions regarding the Independent Student Analysis:
- What type of support can schools provide to students for their survey design, administration and data analyses?
- Who at most schools are tasked to provide this support?
- How do schools incentivize students to attain high response rates?
- In writing the narratives and self-study report, one of our committee members has recalculated data in the ISA to subtract from the denominator those students who checked N/A; this makes the percentages look higher than the tables in the ISA. Is that appropriate or should we just report the ISA percentages?