- This event has passed.
Connecting with the Secretariat Webinar
January 14, 2016 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm EST
Guest Speaker: David R. Lambert, MD Senior Associate Dean for Medical Student Education, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry
Element of the Month: There was no element of the month. We discussed: New Standards, New DCI: How to Prepare for your Survey Visit
Presentation Slides: New Standards, New DCI: How to Prepare for your Survey Visit
Preparing for your Survey Visit Questions
- What challenges did you face in working with the new standards and DCI as compared to the previous process?
- Were faculty able to adapt and provide the appropriate information?
- Were there surprises in the new process that you didn’t anticipate?
- Was the new process better and more efficient than previous one?
- We would appreciate additional help in interpreting Element 1.1: Does this imply that we need to have a formal CQI process established for every standard/element? Recent presentations (at the November Med Ed meeting, on the AAMC’s Virtual Med Ed webinar) have cited examples where schools established standards for compliance and standards of excellence. Are these multi-level goals required for every standard/element?
- Element 1.1, Question “E” states: Describe how the medical school monitors ongoing compliance with LCME accreditation standards, which standards are monitored (e.g. all standards, a subset of standards)? Is it the expectation that all standards should be? If not what is an average that should be monitored?
*Please note that this date will not take place on the third Thursday of the month.