Guest Speaker: Marc Nivet, Ed.D, Chief Diversity Officer, AAMC
Element of the Month: 3.3 Diversity/Pipeline Programs and Partnerships
Presentation Slides: Dr. Nivet’s guest speaker slides – Element 3.3
Guest Speaker Questions
- What are a few promising practices you have come across in your travels to medical schools over the last five years regarding diversity of student and faculty body?
- Are there any cutting edge, or really novel initiatives you have been impressed with when it comes to faculty diversity?
- There is a lot of talk these days about diverse faculty members and students feeling isolated on campus are there any medical schools effectively addressing this issue?
- As the LCME begins to look for measurable outcomes of medical school’s efforts are there any strategies you recommend they employ to capture impact?
- Our medical school does not own a hospital. Faculty at the clinical affiliates are paid by the clinical affiliates and have part-time faculty appointments. Is it expected that the faculty diversity tables be completed for these affiliates? We can show the representation in the current part-time faculty, but will not have access to “offers made”.