- This event has passed.
Connecting with the Secretariat Webinar
January 17, 2019 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm EST
Guest Speaker: There was no guest speaker for this webinar.
Topic of the Month: LCME Mythbusters!
Presentation Slides: January 17, 2019 Connecting with the Secretariat Webinar
Submitted Questions for the Secretariat
- Is the collection and review of student evaluations of faculty teaching the responsibility of central administration, or can this be delegated to the departments? The standards are clear on course and curriculum evaluations, but not on the review of individual teaching performances.
- Element 9.4: Is there a rule regarding who must observe students engaged in performing required clinical skills? Does it have to be a faculty member? Is it adequate for the student to observed by:
• a resident
• a standardized patient
• a fourth year medical student in a Medical Students as Teachers elective
• a non-physician healthcare provider?
- What is the appropriate way to document adequacy of resources (including patients and faculty members) when two or more LCME-accredited schools are sharing a clinical site for required clerkship experiences? A MOU between schools? Student satisfaction data? Required encounters/skills per school? Others? Also, can the white papers for Principles for LCME-Accredited Medical Schools Sharing Faculty at an Instructional Site be updated to include the element(s) associated with the principles?
- For the ISA, GQ, and other student surveys where high rates of participation are important, at what point do incentives to participate become coercive (e.g. gift cards or scholarship $$ per participant, all-class parties for the class with the highest participation, etc.)?