Guest Speaker: There was no guest speaker for this webinar.
Topic of the Month: MythBusters Part II!
Presentation Slides: October 10, 2019 Connecting with the Secretariat Webinar
General Submitted Questions
- Regarding the LCME White Paper “Principles for LCME-Accredited Medical Schools Sharing Faculty at an Instructional Site”:
- The white paper only addresses shared faculty for students from two LCME-accredited education programs. What applies/is required if the other student is from a DO program?
- In the following statement from the “BACKGROUND” paragraph, what does the “simultaneously” mean? “The following principles must apply if students from more than one LCME-accredited medical education program are supervised simultaneously by the same physician at inpatient or outpatient sites (for example, are in the same clinic).” The parenthetical at the end makes it sound like the students just have to share a supervisor for their respective rotations in the same facility. Is this correct? Any clarity you can provide on the applicability of the White Paper’s principles would be appreciated!
- Regarding faculty appointments: A subinternship is a post-clerkship selective requirement (students choose their site and experience). Some are not at the home institution. When students elect to do one of these not at the home institution – is the expectation that all potential subinternship instructors be appointed as adjunct faculty?
- Do ALL faculty have to submit a Conflict of Interest Form annually?