Guest Speaker: There was no guest speaker for this webinar.
Element and Topic of the Month: 3.3 (diversity/pipeline programs and partnerships) and LCME White Paper “LCME Consensus Statement Related to Satisfaction with Element 3.3, Diversity/Pipeline Programs and Partnerships”
Presentation Slides: June 11, 2019 Connecting with the Secretariat Webinar
Submitted Question on Element 3.3
- Element 3.3, Supporting Document #1: For policies specifically aimed at ensuring a diverse faculty, and senior administrative staff, is it possible to refer to a the policy of the parent university, or should the policy be specific to the medical school?
- How do schools demonstrate retention for students? Is this based on graduation rates? Is it based on having regular performance reviews of the students with a particular focus on making sure the underrepresented students are doing well?
- How do schools demonstrate retention for faculty and staff? Is this based on percentage of faculty and staff who leave? Do schools state retention offers made to underrepresented individuals?
General Submitted Questions
- For self-study question #6.1, should schools assess ALL the stated learning objectives AND provide measures of student achievement in those? If so, does student group submissions for which the students as a group receive grades are considered as assessment measures? This question is referring to session level objectives and is not asking about the educational programmatic level objectives/competencies.
- For self-study question #7.7, can you please provide any examples for, “assessment of student’s ethical behavior in the care of patients and mechanisms to identify and address breaches”?